WHAT PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT, AND WHEN DO WE COLLECT IT?
Information You Provide.
CareCheck does not collect any personal information from those who use the application unless a visitor registers to receive certain services, such as price information, and the ability to share local pricing data to receive credit. In order to receive price information for free, you must give us your email address upon signup. For added security measures CareCheck will also register your unique device ID to confirm your account is safely used by you and alert you of any suspicious activity.
Communications With Us.
When you contact us by email or other communications, we may retain that information in order to respond to your request and improve our services. More importantly, when uploading pricing data please note that we allow via a finger swiping motion the ability for all users to add black lines to cover any information they would not like our company to view. Any such information that is crossed over with your finger and consequently blacked out will not be viewable whatsoever by Aristotle Health and the CareCheck team.
When you access our services, our servers automatically record certain information. These logs include information such as the date and time you access our site or app, and prior search information. Location data is tracked in our app if allowed by the user. We will use this log information to help diagnose problems with slow loading. Your information also may be used to gather broad demographic information, or to compile usage data within individual cities or geozips.
Demographics and Interest Information.
The carecheck.co website and CareCheck mobile application have implemented Google Analytics Demographics and Interest reporting, and other third party analytics tracking services. These tools enables us to view demographic and other information aggregated from the overall population of the visitors to our site and application.
Information Received From Uploaded Bill Data.
Most medical, dental and prescription drug data in the Unites States will include sensitive information about you as the user of such services or patient. This information may include prescription and background information such as your name, date of birth, your location, the name of your physician or insurance company, and when and where you filled the prescription to name a few items. Aristotle Health takes a number of measures to ensure standards compliant with HIPAA protocols. Users also have an option to swipe and consequently draw black lines over any information they would like to keep private.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION?
Price Information Collection
We use your email address only to send you information on related updates to our application or services. We use your phone number only to send you security protocol messages if you request that service. We use your pricing information to aggregate information on local healthcare pricing data.
We use location information, the uploaded information if you are a registered user of the mobile application, along with your account information in order to provide you with better, faster, and particular to your region service.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION WITH?
We will only use pricing information received from your uploaded pictures and bill data to aggregate general information that becomes usable by our users. Any activity on our app from your account interactions via comments or ratings of healthcare facilities are made public.
We DO NOT share you e-mail, name or uploaded individual bill data information with anyone. However, we may disclose information you provide if required to do so by law or if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to (1) comply with the law or with legal process served on us; (2) protect and defend our rights or property; or (3) act in an emergency to protect someone’s safety. We will also share pricing information that is aggregated by many users, leaving individual anonymous.
We may request and gather other information from you (for example, your Medicare plan) from time to time via direct contact. We will not share any personal information with any third party in a manner that identifies you as an individual.
When we share demographic information with third parties, we will give them aggregate information only.
As we develop our business, we may buy or sell assets, and, depending upon the transaction, your personally identifiable information may be one of the transferred assets. In the event that we are acquired by another company, your personal information may be part of the assets transferred to the acquiring party.
HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
We will retain the information we collect from you in our system indefinitely. If you would like information deleted, you may request deletion by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT ABOUT KIDS’ PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION?
Our Site and mobile application are not directed to children under the age of 13. We assume our website is used by adults or minors supervised by a parent are guardian. We respect the privacy of parents and children and are committed to complying with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). We may ask prospective users to provide their age during the registration process and on other areas of our Site.
If a parent believes that his or her child has provided us with personal information, he or she can contact us via email or postal mail as listed below. We will promptly delete the information upon learning that it relates to a child under the age of 13.
WHAT ELSE SHOULD YOU KNOW ABOUT YOUR PRIVACY?
We work hard to protect CareCheck and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. We maintain industry standard HIPAA security measures to protect sensitive data. All information is encrypted. Although we will exercise reasonable care in providing secure transmission of information between your computer and our servers, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to us over the Internet and we accept no liability for any unintentional disclosure. Please be aware that although we have HIPAA protocol encryption and security measures, information shared with Aristotle Health is done so under voluntary contribution. We pride ourselves on securing your information to the best extent of healthcare standards.
Links to Other Sites.
Do Not Track Requests.
At this time we do not respond to browser ‘Do Not Track’ signals.
Arisotle Health, LLC
5816 Creedmoor Rd, Ste 201
Raleigh, NC 27612
TERMS OF SERVICE:
- User’s Acknowledgment and Acceptance of Terms: Aristotle Health, LLC. (“Us” or “We”) provides the carecheckapp.com or carecheck.co site, the CareCheck mobile application (collectively, the “site”) and various related services to you, the user, subject to your compliance with all the terms, conditions, and notices contained or referenced herein (the “Terms of Service”), as well as any other written agreement between us and you. In addition, when using particular services or materials on this site or through our mobile application, users shall be subject to any posted rules applicable to such services or materials that may contain terms and conditions in addition to those in these Terms of Service or updates to the following Terms of Service. All such guidelines or rules are hereby incorporated by reference into these Terms of Service.
BY USING THIS SITE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS OF SERVICE. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE BOUND BY THE THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, PLEASE EXIT THE SITE NOW OR DO NOT USE OUR MOBILE APPLICATION. YOUR REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THIS SITE, OR ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, CONTENT, OR OTHER INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THIS SITE, IS TO STOP USING THE SITE AND/OR THOSE PARTICULAR PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. YOUR AGREEMENT WITH US REGARDING COMPLIANCE WITH THESE TERMS OF SERVICE BECOMES EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY UPON COMMENCEMENT OF YOUR USE OF THIS SITE. PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING YOUR RIGHTS TO USE OUR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES.
We may change these Terms of Service from time to time. Please review this site and these Terms of Service from time to time and to familiarize yourself with any modifications. References to our “Affiliates” include our owners, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, officers, directors, suppliers, partners, sponsors, and advertisers, and includes (without limitation) all parties involved in creating, producing, and/or delivering this site and/or its contents.
- Description of Services – BETA: You understand and acknowledge that the site is being provided as a “Beta”, and is made available on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis for the purpose of providing Us with feedback on the quality and usability of the Service. The Service may contain errors or inaccuracies that could cause failures, corruption or loss of data and/or information from your device and from peripherals (including, without limitation, servers and computers) connected thereto. We strongly encourage you to back-up all data and information before using it with the site. YOU ASSUME ALL RISKS AND ALL COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY INTERNET ACCESS FEES, BACK-UP EXPENSES, COSTS INCURRED FOR THE USE OF YOUR DEVICE AND PERIPHERALS, AND ANY DAMAGE TO ANY EQUIPMENT, SOFTWARE, INFORMATION OR DATA. In addition, We are not obligated to provide any maintenance, technical or other support for the Service.We reserve the sole right to either modify or discontinue the site, including any of the site’s features, at any time with or without notice to you. We will not be liable to you or any third party should we exercise such right. Any new features that augment or enhance the then-current services on this site shall also be subject to these Terms of Service.
- Not Medical Advice: The contents of the site are for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of the site.Aristotle Health does not recommend or endorse any specific healthcare facility, medical, dental, prescription drug or pharmacy that may be mentioned on the Site. Reliance on any information provided by our CareCheck application, Aristotle Health employees or others is solely at your own risk.
- Conduct on Site: Your use of the site is subject to all applicable laws and regulations, and you are solely responsible for the substance of your communications through the site. By posting information in or otherwise using any communications service, chat room, message board, newsgroup, software library, or other interactive service that may be available to you on or through this site, you agree that you will not upload, share, post, or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any content – including text, communications, software, images, sounds, data, or other information – that:
- is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, tortious, contains explicit or graphic descriptions or accounts of sexual acts (including but not limited to sexual language of a violent or threatening nature directed at another individual or group of individuals), or otherwise violates our rules or policies;
- victimizes, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability;
- infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other proprietary right of any party;
- constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk email (also known as “spamming”), chain letters, any other form of unauthorized solicitation, or any form of lottery or gambling;
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any data or other information of any third party; or
- impersonates any person or entity, including any of our employees or representatives.
We neither endorse nor assume any liability for the contents of any material uploaded or submitted by third party users of the site. We generally do not pre-screen, monitor, or edit the content posted by users of communications services, chat rooms, message boards, newsgroups, software libraries, or other interactive services that may be available on or through this site. However, we and our agents have the right at their sole discretion to remove any content that, in our judgment, does not comply with these Terms of Service and any other rules of user conduct for our site, or is otherwise harmful, objectionable, or inaccurate. We are not responsible for any failure or delay in removing such content. You hereby consent to such removal and waive any claim against us arising out of such removal of content. See “Use of Your Materials” below for a description of the procedures to be followed in the event that any party believes that content posted on this site infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other proprietary right of any party.
In addition, you may not use your account to breach security of another account or attempt to gain unauthorized access to another network or server. Not all areas of the site may be available to you or other authorized users of the site. You shall not interfere with anyone else’s use and enjoyment of the site or other similar services. Users who violate systems or network security may incur criminal or civil liability.
You agree that we may at any time, and at our sole discretion, terminate your membership, account, or other affiliation with our site without prior notice to you for violating any of the above provisions. In addition, you acknowledge that we will cooperate fully with investigations of violations of systems or network security at other sites, including cooperating with law enforcement authorities in investigating suspected criminal violations.
- Third Party Sites and Information: This site may link you to other sites on the Internet or otherwise include references to information, documents, software, materials and/or services provided by other parties. These sites may contain information or material that some people may find inappropriate or offensive. These other sites and parties are not under our control, and you acknowledge that we are not responsible for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality, decency, or any other aspect of the content of such sites, nor are we responsible for errors or omissions in any references to other parties or their products and services. The inclusion of such a link or reference is provided merely as a convenience and does not imply endorsement of, or association with, the site or party by us, or any warranty of any kind, either express or implied.
- Intellectual Property Information: Copyright © August 15, 2015 Aristotle Health, LLC. All Rights Reserved.For purposes of these Terms of Service, “content” is defined as any information, data, communications, software, photos, video, graphics, music, sounds, and other material and services that can be viewed by users on our site. This includes all content.By accepting these Terms of Service, you acknowledge and agree that all content presented to you on this site is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws, and is the sole property of Aristotle Health, LLC and/or its Affiliates. You are only permitted to use the content as expressly authorized by us or the specific content provider. Except for a single copy made for personal use only, you may not copy, reproduce, modify, republish, upload, post, transmit, or distribute any documents or information from this site in any form or by any means without prior written permission from us or the specific content provider, and you are solely responsible for obtaining permission before reusing any copyrighted material that is available on this site. Any unauthorized use of the materials appearing on this site may violate copyright, trademark and other applicable laws and could result in criminal or civil penalties.
Neither we or our Affiliates warrant or represent that your use of materials displayed on, or obtained through, this site will not infringe the rights of third parties. See “Users Materials” below for a description of the procedures to be followed in the event that any party believes that content posted on this site infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other proprietary right of any party.
Nothing in these Terms of Service grants you any right to use any trademark, service mark, logo, and/or the name of Aristotle Health, LLC. or its Affiliates.
- Disclaimer of Warranties:
ALL MATERIALS AND SERVICES ON THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR THE WARRANTY OF NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT (A) THE SERVICES AND MATERIALS WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (B) THE SERVICES AND MATERIALS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (C) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICES OR MATERIALS WILL BE EFFECTIVE, ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, OR (D) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, OR INFORMATION PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU FROM THE SITE FROM US OR OUR AFFILIATES WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS OR BE FREE FROM MISTAKES, ERRORS OR DEFECTS.
THIS SITE COULD INCLUDE TECHNICAL OR OTHER MISTAKES, INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. WE MAY MAKE CHANGES TO THE MATERIALS AND SERVICES AT THIS SITE, INCLUDING THE PRICES AND DESCRIPTIONS OF ANY PRODUCTS LISTED HEREIN, AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. THE MATERIALS OR SERVICES AT THIS SITE MAY BE OUT OF DATE, AND WE MAKE NO COMMITMENT TO UPDATE SUCH MATERIALS OR SERVICES.
THE USE OF THE SERVICES OR THE DOWNLOADING OR OTHER ACQUISITION OF ANY MATERIALS THROUGH THIS SITE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND WITH YOUR AGREEMENT THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM SUCH ACTIVITIES.
Content available through this site often represents the opinions and judgments of an information provider, site user, or other person or entity not connected with us. We do not endorse, nor are we responsible for the accuracy or reliability of, any opinion, advice, or statement made by anyone other than an authorized Aristotle Health, LLC spokesperson speaking in his/her official capacity. Please refer to the specific editorial policies posted on various sections of this site for further information, which policies are incorporated by reference into these Terms of Service.
You understand and agree that temporary interruptions of the services available through this site may occur as normal events. You further understand and agree that we have no control over third party networks you may access in the course of the use of this site, and therefore, delays and disruption of other network transmissions are completely beyond our control.
You understand and agree that the services available on this site are provided “AS IS” and that we assume no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, mis-delivery or failure to store any user communications or personalization settings.
SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Limitation of Liability:
IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR OUR AFFILIATES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER OR NOT WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THIS SITE OR OF ANY WEB SITE REFERENCED OR LINKED TO FROM THIS SITE.
FURTHER, WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE IN ANY WAY FOR THIRD PARTY GOODS AND SERVICES OFFERED THROUGH THIS SITE OR FOR ASSISTANCE IN CONDUCTING COMMERCIAL TRANSACTIONS THROUGH THIS SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE PROCESSING OF ORDERS.
SOME JURISDICTIONS PROHIBIT THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Indemnification: Upon a request by us, you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us and our Affiliates harmless from all liabilities, claims, and expenses, including attorney’s fees, that arise from your use or misuse of this site. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will cooperate with us in asserting any available defenses.
- Security and Password: You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account and for any and all statements made and acts or omissions that occur through the use of your password and account. Therefore, you must take steps to ensure that others do not gain access to your password and account. Our personnel will never ask you for your password. You may not transfer or share your account with anyone, and we reserve the right to immediately terminate your account if you do transfer or share your account.
- Participation in Promotions: From time to time, this site may include advertisements offered by third parties. You may enter into correspondence with or participate in promotions of the advertisers showing their products on this site. Any such correspondence or promotions, including the delivery of and the payment for goods and services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such correspondence or promotions, are solely between you and the advertiser. We assume no liability, obligation or responsibility for any part of any such correspondence or promotion.
- International Use: Although this site may be accessible worldwide, we make no representation that materials on this site are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United States, and accessing them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws. Any offer for any product, service, and/or information made in connection with this site is void where prohibited.
- Termination of Use: You agree that we may, in our sole discretion, terminate or suspend your access to all or part of the site with or without notice and for any reason, including, without limitation, breach of these Terms of Service. Any suspected fraudulent, abusive or illegal activity may be grounds for terminating your relationship and may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities.Upon termination or suspension, regardless of the reasons therefore, your right to use the services available on this site immediately ceases, and you acknowledge and agree that we may immediately deactivate or delete your account and all related information and files in your account and/or bar any further access to such files or this site. We shall not be liable to you or any third party for any claims or damages arising out of any termination or suspension or any other actions taken by us in connection with such termination or suspension.
- Governing Law: This site (excluding any linked sites) is controlled by us from our offices within North Carolina, United States of America. It can be accessed from all 50 states, as well as from other countries around the world. As each of these places has laws that may differ from those of North Carolina, by accessing this site both of us agree that the statutes and laws of the State of North Carolina, without regard to the conflicts of laws principles thereof and the United Nations Convention on the International Sales of Goods, will apply to all matters relating to the use of this site and the purchase of products and services available through this site. Each of us agrees and hereby submits to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue any court of competent jurisdiction within the State of North Carolina with respect to such matters.
- Notices: All notices to a party shall be in writing and shall be made either via email or conventional mail. Notices to us must be sent to the attention of Customer Service at email@example.com, if by email, or at Aristotle Health, LLC 5816 Creedmoor Rd. Ste 201, Raleigh NC 27612 if by conventional mail. Notices to you may be sent to the e-mail address supplied by you as part of your Registration Data. In addition, we may broadcast notices or messages through the site to inform you of changes to the site or other matters of importance, and such broadcasts shall constitute notice to you at the time of sending.
- Entire Agreement: These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement and understanding between us concerning the subject matter of this agreement and supersedes all prior agreements and understandings of the parties with respect to that subject matter. These Terms of Service may not be altered, supplemented, or amended by the use of any other document(s). Any attempt to alter, supplement or amend this document or to enter an order for products or services which are subject to additional or altered terms and conditions shall be null and void, unless otherwise agreed to in a written agreement signed by you and us. To the extent that anything in or associated with this site is in conflict or inconsistent with these Terms of Service, these Terms of Service shall take precedence.
- Miscellaneous: In any action to enforce these Terms of Service, the prevailing party will be entitled to costs and attorneys’ fees. Any cause of action brought by you against us or our Affiliates must be instituted with one year after the cause of action arises or be deemed forever waived and barred.You may not assign your rights and obligations under these Terms of Service to any party, and any purported attempt to do so will be null and void. We may free assign our rights and obligations under these Terms of Service.You agree not to sell, resell, reproduce, duplicate, copy or use for any commercial purposes any portion of this site, or use of or access to this site.
In addition to any excuse provided by applicable law, we shall be excused from liability for non-delivery or delay in delivery of products and services available through our site arising from any event beyond our reasonable control, whether or not foreseeable by either party, including but not limited to, labor disturbance, war, fire, accident, adverse weather, inability to secure transportation, governmental act or regulation, and other causes or events beyond our reasonable control, whether or not similar to those which are enumerated above.
If any part of these Terms of Service is held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed in a manner consistent with applicable law to reflect, as nearly as possible, the original intentions of the parties, and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect. Any failure by us to enforce or exercise any provision of these Terms of Service or related rights shall not constitute a waiver of that right or provision.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding this Agreement.